This week we want you all to meet Audra! This was Audra’s 3rd year with us and we were stoked to have had her join us a Senior Camper for her camp session! Audra has a deep interest in marine biology along with a passion for surfing and loves to paddle out with her friends at WB Surf Camp.
1. What drew you to WB Surf Camp?
I went to Sea Turtle Camp and had a couple of surfing lessons there.
2. Who is your favorite surfer and why?
Bethany Hamilton is my favorite because of her determination to continue surfing with one arm after her shark accident
3. When did you start surfing and where?
I started in North Carolina in 2011 at Wrightsville Beach with Sea Turtle Camp; I’ve returned every year since then for Surf Camp.
4. What is your favorite surf break?
5. What inspired you to start surfing?
I saw other people having so much fun; I hyper-extended my knee the first time, and was determined to be a better surfer after that.
6. Where was your most memorable session?
At Wrightsville Beach. I was waiting for a wave and a dolphin was swimming right next to me.
7. What is the worst wipeout you’ve ever had?
I fell into shallow water and hyper extended my left knee.
8. What are some of your interests outside of surfing?
Swimming, Scuba, and Wake Boarding
9. What is your favorite movie?
Alternative or rap
11. What is your favorite food?
Mac and Cheese
12. What is the best thing you like about WB Surf Camp?
Meeting new friends and being able to surf with them
13. The three things you value most are:
Family, Friends and having fun with both!